Wrote This on April 20, 2012 Three Days After My Dog Ripley's Death (Unpublished) by Terri Rimmer

I dreamed last night that I was talking to Ripley in heaven, apologizing for not being a better owner.


A friend of mine in Weatherford offered to bury Ripley on her property after I'd already had him cremated but I wouldn't have done that anyway because I wanted his ashes with me and I never go to Weatherford so it's not like I could go visit him regularly.  

I can't pick up Ripley's ashes till next week.

My cat has been very affectionate with me and tonight she slept on Ripley's bed. She would do that sometimes in recent months but he would always run her off of it and she would hiss at him.   

Every time I sit at my computer I keep thinking I hear his tags. I woke up at 3 a.m. thinking about how it sounded when he took his last breaths. In between pet sitting jobs, driving to each job, I sometimes cry thinking about our various adventures together.

Then, there's all these people out walking their young dogs.

Every time I come home I keep thinking he's going to be there. I purposely didn't come home till 8 last night from pet sitting because I didn't want to grab two files. I just went to the jobs without them because I didn't want to face the inside of the house without him.
©

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

McKenna's Annual Thanksgiving Letter

51 to 15

Why New Year’s Eve is Hard for Me By Terri Rimmer