McKenna by Terri Rimmer

When they placed you in my arms my world changed
from dark
to light.

 never knew a mothers love until I looked into your eyes Your smile and laugh heal me now and I remember your every detail. Although many criticize and misunderstand I know you’re in the best of hands. I did what I did because I wanted you to know laughter and peace, and never know the pain of ~ the coldness of a hungry night. loved you enough to give you life but now I know that was all I could give. You have a mother who’s so good to you, who loves you enough and can give you more. I wanted so much to give you that that I couldn’t take anything less. For you there should be ribbons and bows and play and love
and hugs galore.
You came from me but now are hers and always will be part of them.
Although my thoughts are so much with you I wanted to give you you so much more than me. I hope one day you II understand it all
and smile at how lucky you are. There is a God who loves you so and every day I thank Him for giving you such a good, warm home and never letting you suffer alone.

Terri
5-1 3-01
©

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

McKenna's Annual Thanksgiving Letter

51 to 15

Why New Year’s Eve is Hard for Me By Terri Rimmer