My Birth Daughter's 7th Birthday Letter by Terri Rimmer - originally published by Associated Content, 2007

Aug. 12, 2007

Dear McKenna:

It’s time once again for your annual birthday letter.

In three days, on the 15th you’ll be seven. Seven years old! I can’t believe it and neither can anyone else.

I’m so glad I got to see you this week. It always does my heart so good to see you.

You took me by the hand and wanted me to play games with you for the first time! That was so cool!

I had hoped for so long that day would come and I was so full of gratitude for it.

And you were so good at one of those video games we played. It was so cool to watch you navigate your way around with that joystick.

You’re still so tiny, you are adorable, mischevious, so very smart, and seem like a wise old soul at times.

You say the cutest things. Like when you said (like a middle-aged woman) the other day when asked if you were going to do cheerleading again – “No, it just wears me out!”

You remind me so much of my niece Jessica when she was little.

I cannot believe that it was seven years ago that you were inside me doing belly flops.

My sister Cindy asks about you all the time and asks me questions about your health. I send her pictures which she loves and always comments about how adorable you are.

You inspire me and make me see life through new eyes, your eyes. There is nothing like seeing life through a child’s eyes.

It’s good.

One day we’ll look back at these days and marvel about how fast they flew by.

Your life is limitless and the God that watches over you loves you so much and wants you to be happy, joyous, and free.

He wants that for all of us.

You are the picture of every child to me – innocent and whole, full of strength and beauty.
You’re excited to start school and can’t wait to meet all your new friends in the first grade.

I am so glad you feel this way about school because it’s so important to be happy about it.

I love you, my little star, and I wish you sweet dreams always, forever and a day.

Love,

Terri

P.S. When you’re thinking about me, I bet I’m thinking about you, too.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

McKenna's Annual Thanksgiving Letter

51 to 15

Why New Year’s Eve is Hard for Me By Terri Rimmer