Birthday Poem For My Birth Daughter by Terri Rimmer - written 2002

Chances

Running along in our daily lives
Taking for granted the faces we've known
the lives we've touched
the places they've been
Conversations from years ago.
Laughter, tears, jokes aside.
Solemn oath to see together.

Trying to make sense of it all.
And yet hopeful for the future.
A grandparent to come.
I picture your smile far away
from me and yet as close as my soul
draws breath
Today, no matter the loss or time
the beauty in you
your hand touches mine
across the miles
even though in spirit
I feel your hope
it lives in me and
carries me
through another a
a night of hope
of calm
surprise
a tender sleep
Good night little one.
Terri Rimmer
©


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

McKenna's Annual Thanksgiving Letter

51 to 15

Why New Year’s Eve is Hard for Me By Terri Rimmer