Diary of a Birth Mom Part 3 by Terri Rimmer - originally published on adoption.about.com - 2001


You are changing me for the better
01-Mar-2000
We had the birth parent panel last night. It was emotionally draining but good. I feel like I'm abandoning you, though.
02-Mar-2000
They're going to give all of us a copy of the video from the birth parent panel. My suite mate's adoptive parents renamed the baby. I feel protective of you. I'm sending the video to my mom and sister. I was imagining what you would look like. My sponsor thinks I might change my mind. Another girl and I couldn't sleep so we had biscuits at 4 a.m. I get up about four times during the night to eat. I feel like you are changing me for the better.
06-Mar-2000
If one more person asks me why I'm placing you for adoption, I'm going to choke them! I went to a meeting and that helped.
07-Mar-2000
I volunteered to be interviewed by The Washington Times and have my picture taken. I've been thinking about what I should say or not say.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

McKenna's Annual Thanksgiving Letter

51 to 15

Why New Year’s Eve is Hard for Me By Terri Rimmer