McKenna's Annual Christmas Letter

Christmas Eve 2013

Dear McKenna:

Time for your annual Christmas letter again and sorry it is so late.

I actually started this letter December 22, the day I got to see you again. It had been since July when I'd seen you last.

The time always drags in between visits for me because I miss you so much and I cherish the time I have with you.

This recent visit marked the first time I'd been able to see you at the holidays. I've always dreamed and wished I'd get to see you around Christmas but never thought the day would come since I always see you at other times of the year. Every year at this time it's the only thing I want for Christmas – to see you.

You have gotten taller each time I see you and this year you had two growth spurts, one of which made me cry with joy, sitting in the living room, thanking God over and over. I never thought that would happen either.

God is good!

You remind me a lot of my sister Cindy in that you don't give up, you keep going, stronger and stronger, never giving in, tough. You are one strong little thing!

Cindy's in Africa right now till the 3rd. She left Dec. 21 to go see her old roommate who's in the Peace Corps for two years. She went to see her so they could deliver toys to kids in Kenya and to another village nearby who don't have anything for Christmas. She asked that everyone who knows her just donate to the cause instead of giving her gifts this year. Isn't that neat? So, she was bringing the kids things like bubbles, coloring books, markers, things that we might take for granted growing up in America.

Anyway, “It's a Wonderful Life” was on again tonight but I know you think that movie's corny. Funny, when we're teenagers we think a lot of things are corny but when we grow up some things aren't that way any more. But sometimes not. You might always feel that way about it. Then there might be some things you just love that your kids will think are blah.

That's the way it goes in families.

I don't know if you still like butterflies but I know someone who had her entire tree decorated in butterflies this year. It was a white artificial tree but it looked so pretty with all the different colored butterflies. Then she had a small green tree next to it and a pink tree next to that. It looked cool all lit up.

My cat was fascinated with something in my tree for several days earlier this month. She sat under the tree for different periods, staring way up into it as if something live was in there. I didn't see anything but she sure acted as if something was in there. Cats usually go through phases with the tree. The first year they climb the tree - all the way up (when they're kittens). The second year they lay under it. And the third year they just play with the ornaments. They'll always play with the ornaments.

So, if you ever have a cat on your own, always make sure you put the breakable ornaments up high so they can't get to them.

I hope you have a great Christmas and I really loved seeing you again.

You always light up my day from the inside out.

Love,


Terri

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

McKenna's Annual Thanksgiving Letter

51 to 15

Why New Year’s Eve is Hard for Me By Terri Rimmer