Auditory Hallucinations by Terri Rimmer

In 1993, five years after I got sober the first time, I was walking along the sidewalk and started hearing the sounds of people running up and down bleachers in a gym. I started crying hysterically. I was on medication and yet I thought, "I got sober for this?" That noise has plagued me ever since no matter how many times they switch my meds, increase it, or whatever, but to varying degrees and loudness. Now it just happens once in a blue moon and when it does come it is very faint. Please don't lose hope. I find that the only time it has ever come back in full force is when I have a huge psychiatric breakdown which is only triggered by a series of events which I know ahead of time that have to happen to cause it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

McKenna's Annual Thanksgiving Letter

51 to 15

Why New Year’s Eve is Hard for Me By Terri Rimmer