My Birth Daughter's Annual Thanksgiving Letter by Terri Rimmer

November 23, 2016

Dear McKenna,

Yes, we're on your 16th annual Thanksgiving letter.

There are many things I'm thankful for this year and you are at the top of my list.

I made a gratitude list in my head yesterday and, of course, I couldn't help but think of you as I do every day.

When people find out about my adoption choice, they always ask questions, which to me are silly, but I guess to them are not.

Things like: Do I love you? Do I think about you?

And, you know the answers to both of these questions is “Absolutely.”

It's been a good year.

You are my inspiration, my muse, my heart.

I love your sense of humor, what makes you you, everything about you.

Most of all I love that you have had such a great life and you have a wonderful life ahead of you.

I'm so glad that Vicki and Larry are raising you.

It has always comforted me.

I always love hearing about the things you are doing, funny things you say, your accomplishments and I'm so proud of your achievements.

But I also just love you because of who you are inside.

The other day I was remembering the mural that hung in your nursery that Vicki and Larry made before you were born that said: “The best part of you is who you are inside.”

I remember when they took a picture of that part of the mural and mailed that to me when I was pregnant how much I loved that!

One thing that I'm very grateful about is that Gladney now has an Outreach program to help birth moms that is far reaching that was not in place when I lived there. I'm so glad for that.

You have accomplished so much this year – getting your license, band achievements, getting your first job, performances, great progress with your eating.

I can't believe I have a teenage daughter who's driving. Feels so weird to write!

I always looked forward to seeing my sister Cindy, among others, at the holidays.

We'd go Christmas shopping and often times she'd bring me a big box of sweaters she didn't want any more.

That was a real treat!

We'd usually go to the movies, look at Christmas lights, and just hang out.

Those are also things I'm grateful for, too.

I love you and hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

Love,
Terri



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

McKenna's Annual Thanksgiving Letter

51 to 15

Why New Year’s Eve is Hard for Me By Terri Rimmer